Our competitiveness is based on constant innovation in all areas of our work.
The aim of the Department for Agricultural Research and Development is to improve varieties of Papaver somniferum and any aspect relating to this plant. In order to achieve this, we exhaustively study a wide range of fields, including the following:
All this is done at the experimentation centers owned by Alcaliber, as well as at public institutions and organizations with which Alcaliber has maintained collaboration and technology transfer protocols for many years. Thanks to the endeavors and joint work of our company with R&D+Innovation teams and with public and private universities, Alcaliber has developed patents to monitor and combat diseases relating to crops and pest control via biological means.
Our team of chemists and chemical engineers, as well as our highly trained technical support staff, work to develop innovative and more efficient processes in the production of intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients of the highest quality.
The main objectives of the Industrial R&D Department are:
The commitment, collective effort and high technological component of our activities in the field of R&D have allowed us to be awarded with public institutions funding.
- The NALS project IDI-20160091 for the design of processes and optimization of synthesis of noroximorphone and narcotic antagonists derivatives is being co-financed by The Center for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI) with the support from European regional development funds (FEDER).
- The GENOMA project IDI-2014-1240 for the breeding and purification of opium poppy is being co-financed by The Center for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI).
- The DHARMA Project IDI-20170548 for the development of agro-genomics tools for the opium poppy is being co-financed by The Center for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI) with the support from European regional development funds (FEDER).
- TO-0757-P03- Construction of a new Alkaloids Extraction Plant. Project co-funded by European Union.
- The project “CANNALIBER: RESEARCH ON CULTIVATION, PROCESSING AND INDUSTRIAL EXTRACTION OF COMPOUNDS FROM CANNABIS SATIVA” has been co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and ICEX/Invest in Spain.
- Project iBreed – IDI-20180973: The iBreed project consists of the development of biotechnological tools for the genetic improvement of opium poppy.Budget: EUR 1,495,867.00. Amount of partially repayable aid: EUR 1,271,486.95. Implementation period: 01-06-2018 to 30-05-2021. Place of execution: Albacete. Project co-financed by CDTI and European Union ERDF funds.
- TO-810-P03- New manufacturing plant for high value-added products and innovation
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
A way of doing Europe